Tuesday, April 1, 2008

CREATED BY HAND


Theme: Stencil
Technique:
Rather than just stencil paint this Anna Griffin Brass stencil I decided to dry emboss it first using my Sizzix die cutting system. I folded a piece of transparency to create an envelope, placed a piece of gasket rubber the same size as the stencil in the center of the transparency, then placed the actual brass stencil opposite the rubber gasket, taped it to the transparency. I then used the converter on the Sizzix to dry embossed the cardstock. When finished I removed the stencil from the hand folded transparency, placed the stencil over top of the embossed image, and then stencilled the piece. I then adhered the stencil to a Cuttlebug embossed background that was placed over matte cardstock. I love the texture of pre-embossing the stencil prior to the stencil painting....hope you do as well.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very elegant.

vintage wil said...

very elegant!!

Anonymous said...

A great technique have you used for this card, it is absolutly amazing.

K said...

lovely Gayle! great colors!

*jean* said...

Pretty!!

Yogi said...

Very nice